Friday, September 23, 2011

a light at the end of the tunnel

If you have walked with the Lord for any length of time, you know full well  that there are seasons in your journey.  Two weeks ago began a rather difficult battle in my mind.  I can't explain it really.  I just became bombarded with thoughts.  Thoughts of what ifs??  Thoughts of fear and loneliness.  I couldn't shake it.  I couldn't pray it away.  All that I had was constantly battling the lies with truth.  And getting to that point was like seeing a dim light at the very end of a very dark tunnel.  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope, Jer 29:11.  The verse that I have given to Grace-Ann to memorize to help her with her fears was the one I was clinging to in the shower when I found myself unable to breath due to doubts of that future.  This morning however the cloud has lifted, for whatever reason.  On this first day of a brand new season I just want to encourage you if find yourself in that funk, or cloud or tornado or fire or just plain dark to keep walking.  Keep talking to Him.  Keep reading His word, devour it even.  Keep working out your salvation.  Do not panic.  Do not quit.  Do not act out or react to. Just keep walking.  You will find Him faithful and that fact makes the new season so much more precious.
Love you girls and I hope you have a great weekend!
Pressing On,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment