Friday, February 25, 2011

Danger of the Mundane

Mundane-  characterized by the practical, transitory, and ordinary.

I had to look up transitory then-  means temporary

Lately I have been knee deep in the mundane and the transitory.  I have been to the doctor's office more times than I care to ever go again.  I have handed out medicine way toooooooo many times.  I have washed and washed and washed dishes, laundry, carpet, bathtubs, noses, tables.  I have picked up, put up, broken up, clammed up.  Then I have read and taught and retaught.  Do you ever have one of those days, weeks, months, seasons?  Yesterday I was just so tired of it.  Did any of it really matter for anything worthwhile?  Was any of it not transitory?  The Lord, my daddy, replied with a resounding "YES!".  The truth is none of it really for a Christian is ever truly mundane.  It all matters.  My attitude matters.  The how and the why matters.  But more than that.  What God has been showing Terry and me is that with Him there is no mundane.  He meant for this life to be one great, long, fantastic adventure with Him, where time and time again we watch Him show up and show off in our lives over and over again.  If you read the Bible, His chosen ones never just muttle through life.  He parted waters, made weak ones great, healed the sick, called fire from heaven, the sun to stand still.  All by or through ordinary folk like me and you.  Monday, God confirmed to Terry and I, that what we were praying about, a certain miracle, was on the right track and that He was setting the stage for something great in our lives.  I felt like I was floating.  The God of the universe orchestrated certain events just for me!!!  Then came Tuesday, dishes and  supper.  Wednesday brought doctors appointments, grocery stores and more supper.  By Thursday I was  far away from being on the edge of my seat, waiting on Him to do something big.  I was down right depressed!  Dragging through my day.  Then His word, His people and His Spirit smacked me in the back of the head and heart.    Every act of my day is meant to be something big from Him or for Him.  I must prayerfully walk through my day as though the dishes I am washing are going to be on a table set for Him to eat off of.  When I am at the doctor, that it is meant to show that young nurse what a christian looks like, so that she might be drawn to Him and SAVED!  At Sam's (heaven help me) with 3 kids, that they would see me smile, laugh and love them even while trying to buy food for a family of 5 on a tight budget.  It's possible you know.  With God's help I've done it.  God so desires to be real to us in this life.  We must quit functioning out of our own strength, methods or finances.  Like Pastor Charlie preached the last two weeks, He is calling us out of the boat, to walk on the water.  He wants take your loaves and fishes to do something huge.  I don't want to miss it and I know you don't either.  What are your holy desires?  He has birthed them there for a reason.  My sincere prayer is that all of us get out of the boat.  That we would be a crazy loving, giving, sharing, trusting generation of women.  That we would live at the end ourselves where He can do His most awesome work, draw others to Him through our lives!
Love you girls!  Lets do this!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment