Thursday, October 24, 2013

Something New

Morning all!

Hope you are working it all for Jesus this Thursday morning!  The great news is we are sliding downhill right into our weekend!  I am really excited to share with you some special news.  I want to invite you to our next Chicks and Chocolate, Sunday, November 17 at 4 o'clock!  I have struggled to word this email all morning.  Now sure some of it has been the fact that three children kept begging for breakfast and the phone rang and a fire had to be made cause I was freezing but the other part is that this is so close to my heart that I can't get my emotions together to put words down for you.  On November 17 Grove Level will kick off its very first Orphan Sunday.  I am overwhelmed with excitement as the fruition of so many prayers and emails and research come together.  To kick off this ministry we have invited a very special family to come share their journey with us.  Scott and Gwen Oatsvall have six children, two biological, two from China and two from Uganda.  I became familiar with their family and their ministry when I first sensed God's calling on Terry and I to adopt.  I would lay awake and read all I could get my hands on about orphans and countries and families and all that God says in His word.  I stumbled upon their blog one night and it has been a constant sense of encouragement as we have pressed on through this long difficult journey.    Their family takes very seriously God's word and living out their faith.  God using ordinary people to do extraordinary things are the words Scott uses to describe their story in his book "And 1..." and I can't wait for you to hear it in person.  Gwen will share with us at our Chicks and Chocolate and Scott will speak in our Sunday night service.  I hope you will make every effort to be apart of these two special events, you will not be disappointed! I pray that your heart will be stirred as mine always is.  Please be careful not to dismiss this due to you thinking your aren't called to adopt because there are so many ways you can become involved in orphan care not to mention hearing a story of God doing some really awesome things in a family's life and getting glory for His amazing love.  We were once orphans until He pursued us!  Isn't that just so wonderful.

Also in the coming weeks we will be unveiling our GLBC Orphan Care ministry t-shirt.  The best thing about this t-shirt is all the profits go to the Queens for the King ministry. 

Please spread the news about all the special happenings we have coming up.  Invite friends and family!  Pray over these events with me.  Show up at 4 on November 17 with your special chocolate goody and then hang around for the evening service.  Lets continue to push back the darkness and shine God's light on those who live as though they have no hope.  Be apart of something bigger than ourselves!  Love you and shoot me an email to let me know you are in!  Hopefully below (if I did it right) there is a picture of the Oatsvall family and you can check out their blog at oatsvallteam.blogspot.com



Pressing On,
Carrie Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment