Friday, May 11, 2012

A quote for you superheroes..a.k.a THE MOM!

Zippa-Dee-Do-Dah  It's Friday and I have absolutely NO plans tomorrow!  Isn't that great?  I hope you have an equally exciting weekend as I do!

Our week was crammed full and I am so very pumped about having some downtime with my brood.  Also, with the anticipation of Mother's day this weekend I can feel myself already getting teary eyed.  Sunday night Terry and I get to share about our adoption journey and I can't help but find God's timing perfect...Mother's day.  Along with that thought here is a great quote I found from one of my heroes, Elisabeth Elliot

“Mothers are always on call, expected to have all the answers and limitless energies. They’re supposed to do everything; it’s taken for granted. How can you be and do everything expected of you? What you need is a habitual sense of the presence of God. Think that Almighty God, who created the stars and keeps the seasons revolving in perfect rhythm, is there in your kitchen, in your bathroom, in the laundry room, in the grocery store. Mothers, be prepared for an arduous struggle. Your calling is impossible without prayer, the comfort and instruction of the Scriptures and fellowship in your church.”

And this is a truth that carries over into any season of life, any job, any role that is required of us.  We can not expect success or blessing or greater power or more influence without His words and His people.  God bless you my sisters. I pray you would feel His presence about your most tedious task today.  May you have a wonderful weekend full of rest and refreshment, family and fun.  And some really good food too!
Press on
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment